Certified Professional Coder
Will code/enter all surgeries, procedures and office visits appropriately and timely.
• Ensures proper coding /keying of all charges (office, procedures and surgery)
• Assists with the handling and evaluation of insurance appeals as directed by billing specialist
• Provides back up to billing specialists
• Assists with the facilitation of payment plans with patients as directed by billing specialist
• Assists with answering account questions from patients/insurance companies
• Assists with bank deposits (electronic and manual) when Billing Manager is out
• Collects then reconciles all operative reports with surgeon fee tickets. Uploads operative reports into patient account.
• Runs monthly missed visit report: reviews to ensure all appointments have charges and communicates to all providers and their assistants/nurses what is missing.
• Handles all amendments of providers office and operative notes, makes corrections as needed.
• Provides in-service’s to Physician and staff in regard to state/federal insurance requirements
• High School Diploma or GED
• Certification as a Professional Coder or extensive knowledge of ICD-9/10, CPT and HCPCS codes
• Minimum of one year experience in a health care setting