Thriving NWA law firm seeking an experienced Paralegal to assist with litigation, transactional and healthcare practice areas under supervision of Partners and Associates of the Firm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Retrieve, organize and index documents, including bates-stamping, redaction, duplication and indexing of documents.
- Create and maintain internal case databases.
- Perform legal research, both manual and computer assisted, and compile applicable data from a variety of reference sources.
- Organize interview memos, witness statements and other relevant documents for attorney review and case preparation.
- Work with attorneys in the preparation and filing of court documents.
- Organize exhibits, files and all other supporting documents. Coordinate trial set-up and logistics.
- Tracking and entering applicable billable time into billing software and assisting attorneys with client billing process.
- Receive and respond to government subpoena requests and medical records requests.
- Prepare and organize corporate entity documents.
- Prepare, organize, and submit government regulatory documents.
- Some overtime may be required on evenings or weekends.
- Graduation from an American Bar Association approved Legal Assistant/Paralegal Program or Certification through NALA, NFPA or NALS required
- Two years or more of paralegal experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year accredited college or university preferred
- Prior complex litigation, corporate healthcare experience preferred