We are looking for Licensed Practical Nurses for various specialty clinic settings in Central Arkansas.
Permanent Medical Staffing - Clinic Day Shifts.
The LPN provides clinical support functions and professional nursing care to patients using established standards of clinical nursing care and procedures. Is an active member of the health care team to assess patients’ needs, provide input into the plan of care and implement prescribed interventions. Specialties Include: Women's Health, Family Practice, Dermatology, Pain Management, Cardiology, Surgical Clinic, Allergy & Asthma, Ophthalmology, Rheumatology and Psychiatric.
- Performs all nursing duties within the scope of a Licensed Vocational/Practical Nurse (procedures, injections, medication administration, EKGs, phlebotomy) as determined by the applicable State Board of Nursing
- Participates in implementing established education plans for patients and their families with common health problems and well defined health learning needs
- Coordinates patient care as directed by providers, RNs, and policies, including referrals, transition visits, medications, procedures and follow up
- Documents chief complaint and rooms patients according to policy and procedures, prepares patient for examination
- Records patient assessment and care in the medical record in an accurate and timely manner
- Reviews the patient record, chart, reports (including laboratory and x-ray), and other pertinent information for patients prior to being seen by the provider and reports relevant information to the provider and/or RN
- Ensures patient confidentiality (HIPAA) at all times and treats patients with courtesy and respect
- Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments
- Fulfills medication refill requests following approved protocols
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Current unrestricted Arkansas LPN license
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification
- Knowledge of medical terminology and medical office procedures
- Proficient computer skills to work efficiently with electronic medical records
- Good communication and customer service skills both in person and on the phone