Certified Professional Coder
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Knowledgeable about the coding guidelines, CPT/ ICD-10, HCPSC. Code all hospital charges. Coding of procedures from Procedure Pod and lab. Responsible for overseeing processing of all clinic charges and maintaining office fee ticket files.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for reading operation reports from all hospitals and coding all charges; Surgeries, admit/discharge, and daily visits.
2. Responsible for reading operation reports and coding diagnosis and procedures. This will include biopsies with ultrasound, microwaves, CT's, ultrasounds, etc.
3. Write up hospital charges and post.
4. Pull reports from hospitals.
5. Communicate with staff on all coding changes.
6. Track and make sure all surgeries are accounted for.
7. Any discrepancies in hospital reports notify doctor of changes needed.
8. Work with Insurance Department on all coding problems.
9. Help with any coding issues.
10. Help any coders that need it.
11. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
High school education with CPT/ICD10 coding certificate or job experience.
Minimum of 5 years coding experience and computer experience.
1. Knowledge of CPT/ICD-9 coding.
2. Computer data entry.
3. Medical terminology.