The Patient Support Representative is responsible for responding to incoming calls and providing excellent customer service.
Duties to include:
- Answers all incoming calls and records all communication and follow-up efforts in the patient’s notes.
- Identifies customers’ and providers’ needs, clarifies information, researches every issue, and provides solutions and/or alternatives in order to avoid unnecessary call transfers.
- Maintains knowledge of providers’ scheduling preferences
- Accesses the patient’s records and appointment history in the electronic health records software.
- Schedules and reschedules appointments for patients as necessary, following the appropriate policy.
- Promptly returns phone calls, regularly monitors voicemails, and updates the patient’s chart, tagging the appropriate team as necessary.
- Transfers signed documents into patients’ charts and responds to requests for signed documents from physicians as necessary.
- One (1) year of prior customer service experience or call center experience is preferred.
Days and hours of work are expected to include 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Monday through Thursday) and 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Friday).