Certified Professional Coder
Will code/enter all surgeries, procedures and office visits appropriately and timely.
- Ensures proper coding /keying of all charges (office, procedures and surgery)
- Assists with the handling and evaluation of insurance appeals as directed by billing specialist
- Provides back up to billing specialists
- Assists with the facilitation of payment plans with patients as directed by billing specialist
- Assists with answering account questions from patients/insurance companies
- Assists with bank deposits (electronic and manual) when Billing Manager is out
- Collects then reconciles all operative reports with surgeon fee tickets.
- Uploads operative reports into patient account.
- Runs monthly missed visit report: reviews to ensure all appointments have charges and communicates to all providers and their assistants/nurses what is missing.
- Handles all amendments of providers office and operative notes, makes corrections as needed.
- Provides in-service’s to Physician and staff in regard to state/federal insurance requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certification as a Professional Coder or extensive knowledge of ICD-9/10, CPT and HCPCS codes
- Minimum of one year experience in a health care setting
Apex Staffing, Inc.
Please contact me with any questions: