The Revenue Cycle Supervisor oversees the overall policies, objectives, and initiatives of the revenue cycle activities to optimize the patient financial interaction along the care continuum. Reviews, designs, and implements processes surrounding admissions, pricing, billing, third party payer relationships, compliance, collections and other financial analyses to ensure that clinical revenue cycle is effective and properly utilized.
- Directs and tracks numerous metrics related to the patient engagement cycle including record coding error rates and billing turnaround times to develop sound revenue cycle analysis and reporting.
- Leads implementation changes in systems, people and operational process to achieve industry-leading results, in collaboration with Clinic Operations team.
- Collaborates with leadership to develop the strategic plan for the department.
- Provide regular analytical updates to all interested parties.
- Manages relations with payers and providers to generate high reimbursement rates and a low level of denials.
- Manage completion of all Revenue Cycle inquiries.
- Create, develop, and deliver performance improvement plans for Revenue Cycle support team.
- Develops policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
- Measure and track teams understanding of monthly strategic objectives.
- Coordinate Revenue Cycle resources to complete identified project or process improvement.
- Ensures that systems, solutions and processes are in place to meet the needs of internal and external clients.
- Solves Revenue Cycle issues as presented by upper management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration or a related discipline, five years or more of solid, diverse work experience in Revenue Cycle, or the equivalent in education and work experience. Healthcare experience, particularly in medical practice management, is required.
- Strong customer focus – proven ability to understand customer and stakeholder insights and develop strategies and solutions to meet these customer needs.
- Experience building, managing and/or developing a Revenue Cycle support team.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to self-start and work independently or as part of a diverse team.
- Detail oriented and organized with the ability to easily identify areas that require improvement.
- Impeccable communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to ensure proper alignment with broader organization and enterprise strategies and to lead the team towards that alignment.