Assists in the daily clinical operations of the PACU in accordance with established federal, state and accreditation standards and facility policies and procedures. Direct patient care including maintaining a clean, orderly and safe environment.
- Performs pre/post-operative teaching to patient/significant other
- Provides wound assessment and management
- Reports significant patient information to medical staff appropriately
- Initiates and follows procedure protocol
- Demonstrates appropriate care for the patient experiencing pain
- Demonstrates techniques to relieve patient’s pain and evaluates the effectiveness of the techniques used.
- Facilitates actions and activities that support accountability to practice
- Actively participates, develops, and implements activities and measures promoting quality care
- Current Arkansas RN license and BLS required
- Two (2) years’ experience of clinical experience with an emphasis in PACU, surgery or ER required.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards
- ACLS preferred