The Healthcare Navigator will perform a wide range of duties in the medical office. Tasks primarily involve (but are not limited to) assisting as a Medical Assistant in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a Physician, Physician Assistant and/or Family Nurse Practitioner. The Healthcare Navigator will have direct contact with patients and work closely with the Care Team.
Under general supervision, the Healthcare Navigator primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Practices good people skills to maintain good public relations with patients and with fellow co-workers.
- Maintains patient confidentiality in accordance to department policy and HIPAA guidelines.
- Attends and participate in required meetings, training and educational programs.
- Take and record vitals and appropriate meaningful use information and populate into patient EMR.
- Pre-populate medications, allergies and medical/surgical/family history during each patient encounter
- Reconcile medications and allergies during each patient encounter.
- Prepare exam rooms and assist physician and/or nursing staff with office procedures.
- Coordinate patient flow with provider, front desk coordinator and secretary, inform patients in exam rooms of any delays.
- Medical Assistant Certificate from an accredited school required.
- At least 2 years work experience in a medical clinic setting.
- Current CPR certification required.