We are looking for an individual to fill a Bookkeeping/Accounting Assistant position located in Little Rock, AR.
Perform a variety of assignments in the areas of accounts payable, accounts receivable, expenses and external commissions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, compile and balance manual and automated deposits.
- Compile and sort documents, such as invoices and checks, and substantiate business transactions.
- Record vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records.
- May prepare journal entries to record various receipt and disbursement transactions.
- Communicate with policyholders, Agents and County Secretaries matters concerning deposits and other related items.
- Work with various external functions on accounting related items when and where needed.
- May operate OCR machine to record receipt of premium payments.
- Familiarity with concepts of Payroll, Fixed assets, Debt and Financial Statements
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree - Majoring in Accounting (Preferred)
- 5 years+ bookkeeping experience
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Demonstrated analytical skills, written communication skills, time management and priority setting skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products with an emphasis on Excel
- Proficient PC skills to include: Lotus Notes, Quicken, Great Plains, etc.