- Coordinate day-to-day clinic operations and provide day-to-day support to providers.
- Possess in–depth knowledge of and provide operational support for tasks and job functions performed in areas of responsibility, including protocols, processes, policies, and procedures.
- Supervise assigned clinical and/or patient service representatives.
- Provide leadership within the clinic setting in order to ensure effective, efficient office operations, optimizing performance and continually improving quality of care in a vastly changing health care environment.
- Establish effective mechanisms of communication with staff, providers and patients to foster an environment of openness, trust, team work and staff development. Schedule, conduct, and complete follow-up for monthly staff and provider meetings.
- Act as a liaison between physicians/providers and the organization’s leadership team to achieve effective communication and optimal operational processes.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
- Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
- Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
- Monitor all environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
- Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
Minimum Work Experience
- Graduate of approved school of nursing; BSN preferred.
- Five plus years of clinical experience required
- Leadership experience required
- Licensed in the State of Arkansas