This person will be cross trained to work as a medical assistant as well as assist the front desk area with check in, check out, medication refills, referrals, prior authorizations and medical records.
- Maintains a professional demeanor at all times with patients and co- workers
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times, adhering to HIPAA regulations
- Prepare necessary paperwork as ordered by a physician
- Assist with clinical telephone calls
- Assist with rooming patients and obtain vital signs
- Assist the physician in minor surgical procedures
- Performs injections and immunizations
- Assist with check in, check out, referrals, prior authorizations, records releases, medication refills.
- Function as a team member to facilitate the patient experience and optimal work flows within the office, including assisting other teams as needed
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Records required