Triage Nurse - Clinic Position in Little Rock, AR
Responsible for triaging patient problems, which includes phone calls to discuss pre & post-op education, review lab work, and diagnostic tests with patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Triaging patient phone calls.
- Covering nurse messages when nurses are in clinic or out of the office.
- Provide patient education.
- Utilizing critical thinking skills to distinguish between emergent and non-emergent care.
- Manage prescription refills.
- Maintain Patients confidentiality at all time.
- Communicate with Physicians/Nurse/Staff as needed.
- Accurately document in EMR symptoms and/or complaints, nursing assessment, advice provided and patient/caller response.
- Complete prior authorizations, FMLA/disability paperwork, and cardiac clearances
- Schedule appointments and diagnostic testing as needed
- Review and treat labs over the phone as needed
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- Active AR Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse License.
- Minimum of one-year work experience in a hospital or clinic setting.
- Critical care experience preferred but not required.