- Triages patient/physician practices complaints/concerns for the department, working with the patient access director to resolve issues that arise.
- Obtain complete and accurate insurance, clinical and demographic information from physician offices, including any required referral and prior authorizations. Identifies any denial potential and forwards to patient access for follow-up
- Delivers exemplary customer service to all customers in accordance with clinical expectations/guidelines.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and oral communication skills
- Ability to work closely and productively with other members of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to work independently and take initiative with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to analyze operational issues and solve them creatively
- Must be proficient in Electronic Medical Records
- In-depth knowledge of medical central scheduling practice operations
- Knowledge of payer requirements related to referral, prior authorization, and medical necessity
Minimum Experience (Type & Length):.4+ years in a health care setting preferably hospital or physician practice