Outpatient Surgery Center
Monday through Friday
Responsible for providing professional nursing care for patients including assessment, treatment, care planning, and medical care evaluation by following established standards and practices. Assists physicians and staff in coordinating patient care. Functions as primary liaison between patients, staff and physicians.
• Initiates physician orders, treatment and bedside care in a timely and orderly manner.
• Operates efficiently and monitors the use of blood pressure machine, EKG, IV infusion systems, O2, suction devices.
Assists with check-in of patients when scheduled and/or when needed. Follows policy and procedure for admission of ASC Patients.
• Appropriately delegates tasks to NA, CNA, LPN, Scope Room Staff and other personnel as necessary.
• Receive reports from the CRNA. Works and interacts with co-workers to accomplish overall ASC goals.
• Performs safety checks of emergency equipment and supplies.
• Assesses the post-op patient immediately upon arrival to the Recovery Room to include: pain, bleeding, drainage, dressings, abdomen, IV infusions, level of consciousness, vital signs, 02 saturation, airway patency and 02 exchange.
• Accurately documents all vital signs, assessments, medications given, treatments done and any teaching/instructions given to patient/family or caregiver in a professional and grammatically correct manner.