The Director of Nursing Services will plan and coordinate nursing services with those of the medical and administrative systems. The Director of Nursing Services will participate as a member of the hospital's management team in planning, policy formulation, and administrative decision making with attention to the role, functions, and operations of the hospital's nursing services. The position is responsible for patient care, management, resource management, and fiscal management.
- Responsible for managing, directing, and supervising the following functions: nursing, pharmacy, and patient activities.
- Responsible for staff performance, staff recruitment, staff retention, and staff development.
- Assesses the quality of care rendered.
- Initiates the development of policies and procedures that govern nursing services and other services under his or her supervision.
- Verifies employee credentials under his or her position supervision.
- Collaborates with other departments and agencies regarding resources and services for improved patient care and staff development.
- Plans, develops, and implements a budget process for staffing and services rendered.
- Evaluates the quality and cost-effectiveness of staffing and services within the goals of the hospital.
- Serves as a spokesperson for nursing matters and represents the hospital with professional nursing and related organizations.
- Participates in meetings and committees.
- Encourages and supports research and improvement studies that can make meaningful contributions to the quality and economy of nursing services.
Education and Experience:
- Thorough understanding on management theories.
- Knowledge of employee management.
- Thorough understanding of nursing management strategies.
- Knowledge of financial management.
- Knowledge of the foundations of health laws.
- Knowledge of statistics and research methodologies.
- Ability to diagnose and treat simple and complex psychiatric and mental health problems from adjustment disorders to serious mental illnesses such as schizophrenia, bipolar illness, major depression, and anxiety disorders.
- Strong skills to manage, coordinate, and evaluate the care and education of the patient and family along the health care process.
- Ability to manage patients who need to be closely monitored.
- Trained to adhere to medications and therapies with complex protocols.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- On-call duty may be required (available to work on short notice).
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required
- Professional nurse with a current state license.
- At least three years of supervisory experience in a nursing environment.
Apex Staffing, Inc.
Please contact me with any questions: