View all jobs
Medical Intake CoordinatorLittle Rock, AR · Healthcare
- Effectively communicates patient/referral information to appropriate clinical staff.
- Obtains demographic and clinical information from clients, physicians office and other referral sources to compile referrals.
- Coordinates communication of referral information with Central Intake Nurses.
- Triages incoming calls and messages from referral sources, etc. Relays messages as appropriate or transfer to voice mailbox.
- Coordinator must exercise discrimination and diplomacy on obtaining information from callers for persons not immediately available.
- Provides general information about clinical and procedural services to patient family, and other referral sources as needed.
- Provides necessary instructions and direction regarding appointments and/or follow-up care as noted by the provider.
- Calculates patient cost/share liability and attempts to collect outstanding balance via phone within 78 hours prior to the date of service.
- Attends and participates in workshops, continuing educational programs, seminars, etc. to keep abreast of current departmental changes.
- Disseminate patient data to appropriate PCM, field clinicians, or sales representative, in applicable markets.
- All other duties as assigned.