The Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the CEO, Executive management, and physicians. Performs administrative functions such as correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings while maintaining confidentiality in overall business matters. Serves as the primary support and liaison between the executives and the organization. Support the operations of the office both internal and external – to address support needs and issues on behalf of the executive.
The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
• Compile, process and analyze data based on research objectives and prepare reports.
• Answers and screen all calls for the CEO; takes messages and routes callers to the appropriate personnel; answers questions and provides information to the callers and visitors.
• Maintains appointment calendar for the CEO. Schedule and cancel appointments for conference calls, meetings, and events; ensures distribution of calendar to appropriate departmental personnel.
• Makes travel arrangements for the CEO, Physicians, and Executive Staff; register CEO, physicians, and APPs for seminar, conferences onsite, and offsite meetings (flights, hotels, rental cars).
• Process all travel-related documentation and submit receipts and documentation to the accounting department.
• Schedule meetings, including securing meeting rooms and making catering and other arrangements for meetings called by the CEO and Physicians. Notifies appropriate individuals of scheduled meetings; attends meetings as Departmental representative as required and provides follow-up information to the CEO and prepares minutes/notes from meetings.
• Establishes and maintains confidential files and records for the CEO and the organization; establishes and maintains various hard copy and computer files and records of the CEO's activities, attendance records, programs, and related documents.
• Attends meetings, events, and activities as assigned by the CEO; represents the company by serving on committees and activities relating to company and its subsidiaries.
• Supports Employee Engagement Committee to include event planning, on-site set-up, and hosting the events. Responsible for logistics including room setup, reservations, decorations, entertainment, etc.
• Manages and oversees multiple projects concurrently; anticipate and tracks critical dates, events, and organizational issues for the CEO. Follow up with appropriate parties to ensure deadlines are met.
• Assists in evaluating company need for physician recruiting. Developing and managing recruitment plans and sourcing in conjunction with the CEO and COO.
• Provide accurate and regular reporting of physician recruiting activities to the CEO and Executive leadership to depict both metrics and efforts. Providing a consultative approach with recommendations on how to move forward.
• Exemplifies a culture of excellence and customer service in all processes with all internal and external customers and all external representation of company and its subsidiaries.
• Assists in overseeing credentialing for internal counterparts, providers, and external contacts.
• Maintain and support third-party device and pharmaceutical representative software.
• Serve as Notary Public for medical records, business office, physicians, and staff as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelor’s Degree, plus specialized schooling and/or on-the-job education in a specific skill area, e.g. data processing, clerical/administrative, equipment operation, etc., plus 3 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook. Master’s Degree preferred.
Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Required Software Skills
Advanced: Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
Intermediate: Word Processing/Typing
Basic: Alphanumeric Data Entry, Contact Management