Top-rated Little Rock law firm looking for an experienced legal assistant who is coachable, great with technology and ready to hit the ground running.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a calendar system for scheduling meetings and tracking deadlines.
- Prepare, process and edit standard legal documents including subpoenas, contracts, summonses, appeals, motions, etc.
- Observe confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
- Open new files, including request for conflict of interest checks with conflicts manager
- Work closely with administrative support staff (information technology, receptionist, other secretaries, accounting).
- Process bills and proof billing sheets
- Ability to proofread accurately (e.g., punctuation, grammar, spelling) routine law office correspondence and legal case matters.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks for completion by assigned deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with attorneys, paralegals, clients and outside counsel
- Ability to work productively and accurately under pressure.
- Ability to anticipate attorney's/paralegal's needs for simple documents or pleadings
- Willingness to prompt attorney/paralegal with regard to approaching deadlines well enough in advance that major projects do not become crises