Medical Receptionist needed for busy specialty clinic in Bentonville, AR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer phones quickly and courteously, using approved telephone techniques and etiquette. Register patients by obtaining patient demographics and other information, schedule appointments by following physician preferences using the EMR. Explain insurance contracts and payment policies to patients.
- Greet and check-in patients, using the physician EMR. Obtain patient demographic and insurance information, and enter into the physician practice EMR. Verify demographic information for all patients.
- Collect patient co-pays, deductibles and payments for services, strictly following the practice's payment policies.
- Filing/Scanning. Perform clerical duties (e.g., photocopying, scanning, typing, forms, mailing, faxing, etc.)
- Perform patient call backs as requested by Manager and/or Physician. Reminder calls to patients regarding follow up office visits and scheduled appointments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must demonstrate receptionist experience or ability to manage incoming phones for a large clinic environment.
- Basic computer skills are required; must be able to use computer-based e-mail system and Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
- Experience with computer word processing (MS Word) and spreadsheet (MS Excel) preferred.