Busy Specialty clinic in Little Rock has a current job opportunity for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). Physicians pay for 100% of employee medical benefits!!! Other perks include: catered lunches, quarterly bonuses and 8:30-5:00 hours.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS for Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
- Assess and collect patient data per protocols (history and physical, blood pressure checks, post procedure checks, pre procedure evaluations, all nurse visits)
- Formulate and document nursing care plan based on MD’s plan of care, then implement the plan safely and clearly
- Triage and review incoming phone calls and appropriately respond in a timely, efficient and professional manner
- Counsel and provide health education to patient and family members
- Document on each patient’s record all observed or expressed health care needs
- Provide patient care in a safe, comfortable and private environment
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for professional practice and for continued professional growth
- Assist in IV therapy if nuclear lab request
- Provide emergency medical care with physician if the need arises based on BLS and ACLS guidelines
- Review lab results and call patients with results based on physician recommendations
- Counsel patients in medications, procedures, and diet
- Monitor and process all incoming patient tests through the computer interface system
- Triage nurse phone calls
EDUCATION Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
High School or GED required.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing/practical nursing required.
EXPERIENCE for Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
One year professional nursing experience, cardiology experience preferred.
REQUIREMENTS for Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN):
- Maintain current LPN license.
- Maintain current BLS/ACLS certifications.
- Physical assessment skills including EKG, blood pressure and H&P.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of emergency protocol and to react calmly and effectively in those situations.
- Ability to apply and modify the principles, methods and techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient care.
- Ability to do a physical assessment on patients and identify normal assessment verses abnormal assessment.