Senior Staff Accountant
Staff Accountant responsibilities are the daily and monthly accounting activities for this business. This includes managing cash, accounts payable, sales orders, invoicing, inventory, cost allocations and other month-end journal entries as well as preparation of the account reconciliations and other key month end financial reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the daily accounting transactions
- Monitoring and analyzing accounting data and production of financial reports and statements.
- Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
- Support the procurement team with process and/or system issues around purchase orders, updating bill of materials, etc.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and produce financial reports or statements.
- Collaborate with the business to design and implement efficient and effective processes with adequate controls.
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
- Assist in completion of annual audits
- Provide process/internal control improvement recommendations.
- Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions.
- Ownership for the following daily operations to included but not limited to: accounts payable and receivable, including sales orders and support with purchase orders, cash receipts, check runs, check deposits, general ledger, operating expenses, expenditure capture and analysis, travel expense capture and review, reconciling capital assets, property, plant, and equipment activity, bank account reconciliations.
- Proven working experience as a senior staff accountant with a minimum of three years accounting experience
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases. (NetSuite systems knowledge a positive.)
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations.
- Ability to direct and supervise.
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA is preferred.
Apex Staffing, Inc.
Please contact me with any questions: