Fantastic Surgical Practice in North Little Rock is seeking a Medical Assistant who is proficient in delivering patient care in the ambulatory care setting.
• Communicate effectively and demonstrates ability to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age specific needs and provide the care needed by pediatric, adolescent, young adult, middle-aged and geriatric patient groups.
• Maintain confidentiality of patient and employee information in verbal, written and electronic information.
• Demonstrate proper patient work up when rooming patients. This includes being proficient with taking vitals, proper documentation of the patient medications, and obtaining the chief complaint.
• Demonstrate knowledge of giving injection ordered by the physician. This includes having knowledge of the amount to be given, size of needle, the location and proper documentation of the injection in the chart.
• Demonstrate the ability to set up for a procedure. Setting up a sterile field and setting up with the appropriate instruments for the procedure.
• Demonstrate the knowledge of cleaning, packaging and labeling the instrument package for sterilization.
• Demonstrate the knowledge of using, cleaning and proper documentation of the autoclave.
• Demonstrate knowledge to provide lab or diagnostic interpretation to the patient once the physician has signed off on the report.
• Demonstrate appropriate documentation of any phone calls made to the patient.
• Demonstrates knowledge of insurance and referrals.
• Demonstrate knowledge of chart set up – knowing where to file the office notes, lab, diagnostic reports, correspondence, etc. in the chart.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Current CMA, RMA or Phlebotomy certification
• BLS Certification