Non-profit mental and behavioral health provider seeking an Executive Assistant to be the principal administrative support person for the Executive Team, performing a vitally important role to the organization. The successful candidate will have an interest in the organization's mission, possess excellent administrative and relational skills, value attention to detail, and be able to handle a variety of high-level activities and tasks with accuracy. The office environment is professional, requiring quality work and individual initiative.
- Support the Chief Executive Officer in planning, directing, managing, and coordinating day-to-day business activities
- Serve as point of contact for external associates, including answering telephone calls, arranging conference calls, and managing the call-back lists.
- Facilitate the Chief Executive's accessibility and open lines of communication with staff.
- Maintain and coordinate the Chief Executive's calendar
- Coordinate recurring and one-off meetings with internal and external parties
- Schedule events Provide daily and weekly calendar summary printouts to CEO
- Coordinate relevant schedules and materials for conferences, meetings, and speaking engagements
- Develop and maintain a contact list for Chief Executive's business engagements
- Compose, format, and/or edit documents including letters, communications to staff, staff meeting minutes, and external publications
- Create presentations and create and maintain spreadsheets and databases
- Attend Board Meetings and prepare meeting minutes
- Perform additional tasks that may be assigned from time to time by the Chief Executive Officer or her designee
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, or related field
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior assistance to senior executives in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information, exercise good judgment, and coordinate multiple complex projects
- Excellent PC skills and thorough knowledge of PC applications, e.g., Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access ACT, and email
- Strong attention to detail in all elements of work
- Excellent customer service skills and demonstrated ability to manage all levels of interaction/communication from constituents, government officials, industry on behalf of the CEO
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to think, communicate both orally and written in a clear, concise, and logical sequence.
- Ability to manage projects and plan events while maintaining budgets and timelines