The Credit Manager is responsible for managing the overall Accounts Receivable and Credit risk of the company and doing everything possible to help the company write orders and collect in a reasonable time frame for an industrial company (business to business). The majority of business is within U.S. and Canada, but expanding internationally, primarily into Latin America. The position also includes the management of a staff (3 to 5 people) of credit and collections analysts.
The client is a growing and successful private company of over 30-years and looking for someone with past proven experience who can be both a manager of people and credit as well as work in a hands-on manner dealing with national Customers, and internal stakeholders to bolster relationships as needed.
Credit Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Implementing effective credit policy and delivery processes that meet both customer needs and the organization’s credit administration and operational goals.
- Decision accountability regarding the extension, structuring, servicing and collection of credit within the group.
- Develop and manage metrics to control points to flag areas of concern and report on progress and improvement of cash flow.
- Closely work with our Accounting Department and develop a mutual partnership.
- Past experience with credit or receivable insurance.
- Manage credit tools such as Letters of Credit and or Credit Cards to ensure timely payments.
- Ensure that we manage and maintain the proper Customer information such as Credit Applications and certificates to comply with state or local laws as well as maintaining the data needed to comply with our credit insurance requirements.
- Ensure the timely completion and approval of new Customer Credit Applications.
- Lead a group of 3 to 5 credit analysts and collectors who are responsible for decision making on customer limits, risk assessments and collecting past due payments.
- Identify opportunities to improve automation and efficiency through policy, procedure, process and systems.
- Minimum ten years of increasing responsibility in Credit in a business to business or industrial environment.
- Currently, or recently led a Credit department and team of people with a minimum of 5-years supervisory experience
- Knowledge of ERP-Business systems software and associated reporting.
- Applicable NACM certifications or licensing.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in Accounting, Business, Economics, or Finance. Masters a plus.
- Experience with LEAN / Six Sigma a plus.
- Strong prioritizing, analytical, presentation, project management & planning skills
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite with an emphasis on Excel
Company Benefit including but not limited to:
· PAID FAMILY health care insurance
· Paid employee dental insurance (family coverage available)
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Sick Days
· Paid Vacation Days
· Vision insurance
· Life insurance
· Profit Sharing
· Casual / fun work environment