The office manager is responsible for ensuring that a high level of efficiency is maintained in the day-to-day operations of the satellite office location and for ensuring that superior customer service is provided to our customers at all times.
- Assist with recruiting efforts related to company field operations by working with HR and Safety to facilitate new hire screening and testing, assist with the collection of new hire onboarding documentation, and distribute safety equipment as needed.
- Develop, organize, and coordinate the implementation of administrative and operational procedures, providing project management support to help ensure operational efficiency, accurate inventory control, and adherence to safety procedures.
- Perform general daily office duties that include answering phones, emails, and texts, sending and receiving mail, packages, and large material deliveries.
- Provide map prints to operations, making copies as requested, and receiving field maps for processing.
- Collect and document routing information for field crews and subcontractor crews on a street sheet to be submitted to the corporate office each morning.
- Enter all new incoming jobs and related billing information into in-house
- Maintain digital file folders and records of billing and expenses.
- Establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal, retrieval, and staff transfers.
- Ensure the security, integrity, and confidentiality of data.
- Manage relationships with vendors, neighbors, and landlords as needed while maintaining a safe, secure, and pleasant work environment conducive to productivity and professionalism.
- Training field crews and subcontractors to navigate the in-house software for billing entry, time tracking, and document submission.
- Each week, collect receipts for processing from field crews and subcontractors, log purchases on the respective tracker, and create purchase orders in device magic for PM if needed.
- Maintain various spreadsheets and process all billing packages according to pre-established A/R Team processes and procedures while meeting weekly deadlines.
- Call in locates (if required) and track due dates and expiration dates.
- Attend weekly operations and broadband calls via Microsoft Teams.
- Order office supplies and coordinate with the IT department for tech equipment needs.
- Develop and maintain a productive relationship with the Chamber of Commerce in the local area, as well as create and maintain a positive image within the community. Managers are to present community outreach or recruiting opportunities in their area that align with the company's core values to the HR department in a timely manner for consideration. Managers are also expected to attend local events from time to time to help develop and maintain a network of collaborative partnerships.
Skills Summary: Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel is required. Prior experience in a lead administrative role is required.
Benefits: (1st of the Month following 60 days full-time regular employment)
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance