HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Pay starting $70,000 - $75,000, depending on qualifications and experience.
This position is responsible for human resources management and functions. It encompasses management team participation; supervision of HR department staff; oversight of policy, procedures and practices; compliance; recruitment and retention; equity and inclusion; compensation and benefits; safety; performance evaluations; job descriptions; and employee relations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise HR department staff and lead the team in meeting the organization’s strategic and routine HR needs
• Participate in selecting qualified candidates to fill vacancies, provide orientation, training and development, supervision, and performance evaluations to staff
• Implement strategies to maintain a high-functioning team
• Monitor work quality, timeliness, and productivity; identify and address problems
• Ensure the development and implementation of efficacious procedures and workflows; ensure that procedures and work flows are documented, and that the department has the knowledge, skills, and capacity to meet the organization’s need.
• Ensure that policies and procedures and information systems are in place to meet compliance
• Manage recruitment and hiring process, ensure job descriptions are accurate and current
• Negotiate recruitment packages, lead recruitment and marketing strategies
• Lead in developing and implementing effective recruitment and retention strategies to achieve agency goals
• Manage benefits, unemployment, workers compensation, leave of absence and COBRA benefits
• Lead benefit plan renewal & recommend changes to plans and annual Open Enrollment
• Complete periodic reviews of wage and salary survey data; update pay grade structure and pay ranges
• Maintain human resources-related information systems to meet the planning and management needs of the agency
• Participate in committees directed by the leadership team (i.e. Safety and Risk Management, Quality and Utilization, All Managers Meeting, Strategic Planning committees and other committees as assigned
• Implement policies established by the CEO
• Develop and coordinate new employee HR-related orientation content and procedures
• Provide guidance and support regarding employee performance evaluations
• Monitor quality and timeliness of performance evaluations; provide feedback and coaching to supervisors as needed
• Conduct exit interviews.
• Help mediate complaint and performance plan meetings
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Management or other closely related degree, and four years of related experience in the field of Human Resources
• Requires four years of supervisory experience
• Experience in a non-profit human services setting strongly preferred
Apex Staffing, Inc.
Please contact me with any questions: